NEW WORK / Nouvelles œuvres
• LITTLE SISTER / Petite Soeur
- Semi acoustic holow body
- One piece arched (and figured) ash top
- Alder body
- Maple neck & bridge (with lilac 'nut')
- Bog oak fingerboard
- Bartolini floating pick up
- Volume and tone controle in pickguard
- Hand rubed natural oil finish
- Size: 13,4 inch width
click photos to enlarge
• Beetle Archtop: 11.000 € / only on order
• Beetle Flattop: 9.000 € / only on order
• Little Sister: 2.800 €
• Anoa: 2.000 €
Contact for details, questions, order or simply for comments via this page
planning to build / je prévoit de construire:
projects in 'nemawashi' phase 根回し:
- acoustic nylon string Beetle Model
- acoustic bass Beetle Model
- new hollow body F-hole Model
- An archtop made out of recycled Cello
E A R L Y W O R K
(from the archives)
My first archtop guitars were largely inspired by the work of Jimmy D'Aquisto and John Monteleone. I visited John several times in his workshop on Long Island (NY). He became spontaneously a kind of mentor just by talking ideas about archtops and musical instruments in general.
The arched tops and backs are all precisely hand carved to ensure a typical responsive acoustic 'archtop-sound'. All guitars are equipped with a floating magnetic pick-up that doesn't disturb the vibrations of the top.
• Classic Archtop Jazz Guitars. 17"/18" models
• Flat-Top-Carved-Back Model / FTCB
The acoustic FTCB model is standing out particularly through his uncommon use of a carved and arched back as it is in archtop jazz guitars. This has the effect of projecting the vibrations more directly towards the sound hole and outside the guitar. Combined with a specific designed bracing pattern this results in a clear and precisely articulated voice.
Peter Hertmans playing the FTCB model
• Solid Hollow model (SH)
This model of electric solid body guitar is based on the classic, ergonomic design of the Strat. However, the incorporation of internal resonance chambers gives it an own distinctively unique sound.
⬆︎⬆︎4 youtubes with Peter Hertmans
playing the SH model.
playing the SH model with Melike